Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snow Day!


Since moving to the south from the northeast, my youngest son has missed playing in the snow. When we talk to friends back east, they tell us that it snowed that day or that night. My son, T-Man, would respond to that news by saying, “I wish that it would snow!”

A few days ago, we woke to big, wet snowflakes coming down. T-Man was so excited (and maybe I was a little too). It was the quickest I have ever seen him get dressed in the morning. By the time I went to check on him, he had already put on his snow pants and two layers of shirts. He was ready to go.

Off we went to check out the snow, he in his play gear and me with my camera. While he was playing in the snow, I was snapping away. After awhile, I heard him telling me something. I look at him and he said, “Come on mom, have some fun!” I said to him, “Just a few more pics.” He said again, “Mom, have some fun!” I looked at him and said, “You are right.” I put down my camera and picked up some snow. We had a snowball fight.

After an hour, the temperature rose enough to start melting the snow. We decided to go in and have some hot chocolate. As I was sipping my hot chocolate, I thought about how much my son was delighted in the snow. It put in perspective for me of a verse I heard before, “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires.” (Psalm 37:4 NLT) Our greatest happiness will be when we seek the LORD, commit to the way of the LORD and trust in Him. In our happiness in doing the will of the LORD, he will grant our desires. Thank you LORD for loving me so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment