Friday, January 25, 2013

Open my eyes so I may see

Have you ever stop what you were doing because of a setting sun? How about a butterfly about to emerge from it chrysalis? Have you stood next to the St. Louis Arch and wonder how did men ever create this impressive structure? As I had the chance to see all of these things in person, I was left with this awe of wonder. Not so much of awe of the creation but the awe of the Creator. As I observed these things, I was left thinking with just a spoken word from God all this came into existence (Genesis 1:3).
   
           Why create this world? That is a heavy question to ask. One reason could be for our enjoyment. God gave us emotions and five senses to use to experience His creation. Another reason could be and I do believe is to see the glory of God and to be drawn closer to Him. In Romans, there is a verse that I believe fits here. “For the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse.” (Romans 1:20 WEB)
   
           So where does this blog fit with all this? I feel I am being lead to use my talent of photography to capture moments of creation and share them. I plan on not only sharing the photos but also tidbits of info on where I took the pictures or my reflection of the moment. This blog is different for me and out of my comfort zone but it is exciting to do. I am not sure where this will all lead but I do give the glory to God. I hope you will enjoy my posts. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment